FAQ & Policies
Do you require a deposit in advance?
- Yes, approximately 2 weeks prior to your check-in date Cuomo’s Cove will put a one night hold on your credit card.
- This is just a ‘hold’, and payment in full is due upon your arrival.
- The one night hold will be released when payment in full is received. Depending on your credit card company, the credit for the hold can take up to a week to be reflected in your account.
- Check-in is from 4pm to 10pm.
- Early and late check-in times must be approved by Cuomo’s Cove management in advance.
- If you do not make late check-in arrangements and our office is closed you will be considered as a ‘no show’ and your card will be charged for your entire reserved stay.
- Check-out is at 11am.
- Please return your suite keys at check-out. There will be a $5.00 fee for each key that is lost.
- Late checkout times can be requested, but must be approved by Cuomo’s Cove management in advance.
- A $100/hour late check-out fee, up to a full one night fee, may be applied, unless a late check-out has been requested and approved by management.
- You must leave the suite in a reasonable state of cleanliness; otherwise an excess cleaning fee will be assessed beginning at $50.
- APPLIANCES including: full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and dishwasher (except the Jefferson Suite).
- COOKWARE including: basic variety of pots and pans, cooking utensils.
- TABLEWARE including: dishes, knives, forks, spoons, cups, glassware.
- CLEANING SUPPLIES including: dish soap, sponge, dishwasher soap (if the suite has a dishwasher) and paper towels.
- NOT SUPPLIED: food, spices, salt, pepper, food storage containers, food wrap. (See our SHOPPING page for local grocers.)
- APPLIANCES including: under counter refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and sink.
- COOKWARE including: basic cooking utensils.
- TABLEWARE including: dishes, knives, forks, spoons, cups, glassware.
- CLEANING SUPPLIES including: dish soap, sponge, and paper towels.
- NOT SUPPLIED: stove, food, spices, salt, pepper, food storage containers, food wrap. (See our SHOPPING page for local grocers.)
- All of our suites come with a BBQ grill.
- All of our BBQ grills run on propane, which we provide. You cannot use charcoal in Cuomo’s Cove grills.
- Guests may NOT bring their own charcoal grills, unless a religious or special exemption is approved by Cuomo’s Cove management in advance.
- PROVIDED: towels, washcloths, hand soap, bar soap for the shower, toilet paper and hair dryer.
- NOT PROVIDED: shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, lotions, tooth brushes, tooth paste.
- For the comfort and safety of our guests, our hot tubs are kept between 102 and 104 degrees F.
- Hot tubs are available for use until 11pm.
- Use of the hot tub after 11pm requires approval by Cuomo’s Cove management in advance, and with the guests guarantee that they will minimize their noise level for the convenience of other guests.
- All guests must shower to remove creams, perfumes etc., prior to using the hot tub.
- All guests must rinse off in tap water, to wash off chlorine. Do not place wet towels or bathing suits on the linens or upholstery. Any bleaching damage to linens and upholstery will result in a replacement fee for the damaged item.
- DO NOT add products to the hot tub, especially: soaps, bath salts, oils or beads, or creams of any kind.
- DO NOT eat or drink in or near the hot tub to ensure its cleanliness.
- NOTE: Should a guest’s party causes the hot tub water to become polluted they will be charged a $50.00 fee per required cleaning. Cuomo’s Cove cannot guarantee how long it will take for the temperature of the clean water to return to 102 degrees and the hot tub is again ready for use.
- All beds will be freshly made prior to arrival.
- If your reservation includes a futon or pullout couch, sheets, pillows and blankets will be provided for them as well.
- Each suite is fully cleaned and quality checked before each guest check-in.
- Rooms are not cleaned daily during your stay, extra towels can be found in the linen closet. Additional fresh towels are made available upon request.
- Extra cleaning services can be scheduled by calling the office in advance for a fee of $30/ one bedroom suite; $45/ two bedroom suite.
- It is expected that the suite is left in reasonable state of order upon your departure; alternatively, an excess cleaning fee may be charged.
- Each suite with a fireplace is supplied with one Duraflame log per reserved night.
- Additional Duraflame logs are available for purchase in our business office.
- For your safety, do not burn other substances in your suite’s fireplace.
- No, we do not. Past experience with pet ‘guests’ that carried fleas and ticks, were unvaccinated, and ones who were badly behaved and caused a safety risk to other guests have forced us to ban all pets from our property.
- If you are found with a pet, you will be asked to leave and no refunds will be given.
- Due to fire safety, the use of any candles at Cuomo’s Cove, inside or outside the suites, is strictly forbidden.
- Any sign of candle use (ie. wax, burns, etc.) will result in a minimum charge of $50.
- All of our suites are smoke-free.
- If there are signs of smoking in your suite you will be charged a cleaning fee.
- If you chose to smoke outside of your suite, you are responsible for ensuring that your smoking material is safely extinguished and disposed of properly to avoid additional cleaning and damage charges.
- The use of oils can stain fabrics, for example, linens and furniture.
- We do not strictly prohibit the use of massage oils, but encourage responsible use and protection of the fabrics in your suite.
- Stains resulting from your stay, on any fabrics including, but not limited to linens and furniture, will result in a fee to replace the damaged fabric.
- Yes, our noise policies have been designed to respect the privacy and tranquility of all guests.
- We ask that each guest respect the tranquility of Cuomo’s Cove and the guests who stay there.
- While guests should be considerate at all times, we ask that our guests be particularly quiet before 9am and after 10 pm.
- We ask that children be supervised at all times and behave respectfully to other guests.
- Noise complaints received by our business office, will result in a call or visit to your suite and a warning to reduce the noise. If the warning is violated, your party could be asked to immediately leave the premises and no refund will be credited.
- We recognize that personal property is precious, so please take care to protect your property.
- Cuomo’s Cove is not responsible for items left in the suites.
- While we would love to, Cuomo’s Cove cannot control the weather or snow conditions.
- Late cancellations and/or consideration of refunds will only be considered in the event that major roads (ie. NYS Thruway) are closed due to inclement weather.
- The roads at Cuomo’s Cove are unpaved and, being located in the Catskill Mountains, our roads are a bit hilly.
- We maintain our roads in the winter by plowing and sanding as snow comes down.
- So, if your stay is in the winter, we ask that you plan your trip accordingly by driving a 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle, or at least have good snow tires.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, do it as soon as possible.
- Send us an email with your cancellation request and reservation details; verbal cancellations will not be honored.
- A full refund of your deposit will usually be made if a cancellation is confirmed 14 days prior to your scheduled check-in. There are two exceptions: reservations for holiday periods and/or multiple suites require a 30 day notice to receive a deposit refund.
- If you have to cancel your reservation after the 14 day ‘deposit refund window’, but prior to your scheduled check-in date, your card will be charged for only one night’s stay.
- If you need to cancel on or after your scheduled check-in date or if you are a no-show and have not contacted us in advance, your card will be charged for the full amount of your reserved stay.
- If you need to change your reservation, do it as soon as possible.
- Send us an email with your reservation change request and the existing and requested reservation details; verbal changes will not be honored.
- If you request a change in reserved suite, reservation dates, and length of stay more than14 days prior to your scheduled check-in. we will make every effort to rebook your reservation with two exceptions. If your original reservation is for a holiday period or is reserving multiple suites, we require 30 day notice.
- If you need to change your reservation after the 14 day ‘window’ prior to your scheduled check-in date, we will make every effort to rebook your reservation, but if we cannot, your reservation can be cancelled and your card will be charged for only one night’s stay, with the exception of holiday periods or reservations for multiple suites.
- On or after your scheduled check-in date, you may change your suite subject to availability, or extend your stay subject to availability, but your stay can not be shortened and your card will be charged for the full amount of your reserved stay. We cannot refund charges for unused rental time.
- The person making the reservation is financially responsible for any and all damage incurred to the accommodations and amenities during their stay.
- Common types of preventable damages include, but are not limited to, (1) Oil stains on sheets/bedding and/or upholstery due to reckless use of massage oils; so please use towels to protect our furnishings, (2) Bleaching of sheets/bedding and/or upholstery from hot tub chlorine; so please rinse off with tap water before enjoying our suites and do not place wet towels or swimwear on furnishings.
- If damage occurs, please notify the office immediately.
When can I check-in?
When is check-out time?
My suite comes with a ‘full kitchen’. What can I expect to find in that kitchen?
My suite comes with a ‘kitchenette’. What can I expect to find in that kitchenette?
Do all of your suites have BBQ grills? If so, are the BBQ grills gas or charcoal?
What can I expect to find in my suite’s bathroom?
I see my suite has a hot tub. Do you have any policies about its use?
Are bed linens provided?
What are your room cleaning services and policies?
I see that my suite has a fireplace. How do I get wood to make a fire?
Do you allow pets?
Do you allow the use of candles?
Do you allow smoking in your suites and facilities?
Do you allow the use of massage oils?
Do you have a noise policy?
Who is responsible for items I leave in the suite?
What is your reservation policy concerning weather conditions?
What is your reservation cancellation policy and procedure?
What is your reservation change policy and procedure?